one day, i’ll have a “no stress café.” one where friends and possibly-more-than-friends hang out, spend time together, and get to know each other. i’ll make sure that it’s big and spacious to welcome and accommodate everyone. i’ll make sure there will be yummy scones, fluffy pancakes, and filling sandwiches-those which can fill both tummies and hearts. the service will be remarkable because we wouldn’t want you to worry about a single thing of course. the price will be low too because happiness ought to be priceless. it will be a space to reminisce about the past or to share tips on how to deal with life. it will be a space to talk about future plans on which dog to keep, which cake to eat, or what book to read. it will be clean, comfy, and relaxing. it will be a no stress café for me, for you, and for all.
He, friends! So, it’s officially the second half of the year and here’s how I’ve managed to make it legendary, thus far!
- Start the year with a BANG — with thy loving family and loadsa fireworks!
- Celebrate your birthday like you didn’t get any year older.
- Feel like you’re on top of the world! (at 1 Altitude)
- Organise events in school — go psycho with Polaroid pictures!
- Do an internship — and bear Mulberry fruits.
- Attend fashion shows. (Men’s Fashion Week 2012 + The R PRoject: Memento Mori)
- Rub shoulders with celebrities and big-shot people.
- Then, do another internship that drives the external economy.
- Try to have funky workmates. (They make tough work enjoyable.)
believe it or not, these are my bosses
- Make sure you work hard… but, play harder!
- Never lose the bond with your sisters.
- Always make time for your friends.
- Especially with the ones that have always been there.
- Yet, always make sure to make new friends. (Strangers are friends we haven’t met, right?)
- Have a little Spring Awakening with a good ol’ friend.
- Go for a Harry Potter Exhibition.
- Chillax with the beach boys — Budak Pantai. (no pic of them. whoops!)
- Rock your world at an Avenged Sevenfold concert at Hard Rock Hotel!!
- Let yourself be serenaded by Jesus– i mean, Jason Mraz at his concert at Gardens by the Bay!! (perfect way to end the first half, huh, maine?! ❤
So. I’m apparently a glass-half-full kinda girl. I prefer highlighting the good parts instead of looking at disappointing ones. sue me. i’m well- filled with good memories anyway (:
That’s my secret on getting though with life, you see? Collecting brownie points and saving them for the rainy days.
And, guess what?! that was only the FIRST HALF! more coming up sooon ❤
So, cheers to the past as I look forward to the other things that’s about to come (:
hello, peepz. we’re too tired today. so, we’re just gonna hang out here and be cute.
after all, we don’t always have to be doing something right? there’s a need for no words, no grand gestures are needed; just your mere presence is heartwarming enough. just being there – being existent in (my) world – that’s good enough. you’re already making the world a better place. and, for that, thank you (:
As inspired by someone asking me, “where do you find the time to blog?”
Always find time to do things with your life. Both the shortest day and the longest day are always 24-hours long. it’s simply either you run the day or let the day run you. But if you ask me, utilize your time fully; maximize every minute. (Whoops! that might be the economist in me talking). Always make sure that you make the most with it. Make sure that you have time for your family, friends, work, and yourself. Time is more valuable than money. You can’t earn it, steal it, or take it back. Believe it or not, I’ve completed a short swim, a 2.5km run, a project meeting, and a set of panel questions within the past 2 days. While today and tomorrow, I’m off to dinner with my friends. Yet, I still have enough sleep and time to blog. (:
Oftentimes we hear people say, “I’m too busy.” But, in my opinion, there’s no such thing as being “busy.” It’s all about managing time and setting priorities. “Focusing on [your career]” doesn’t mean you’re gonna do just that 24/7, 365 days a year. That simply makes you a boring 1Dimensional person. No one would want to be around such characters, not to mention hire them. “Focusing,” in general, means sitting there and putting in 100% of what you’ve got. Full concentration; no daydreaming, no procrastinating, no distraction. Then, after that stipulated time, go out there and do something else. Take the time to exercise, read the news, catch a movie, meet people, pick up a hobby or whatever – who cares?! This not only makes you a more “interesting” person, it also gives your mind a break and refreshes you for new ideas.
When planning your time, be active instead of passive. Plan to make it a little exciting. Seriously, would you look forward if it is something boring? Whatever it is, always make time. Time management means ensuring that there’s a time for everything instead of letting things be time-consuming.